Archive for the ‘Genealogy’ Category
This not true!
The US Census Bureau has an “age search” service that will actually yield every item on your ancestor’s US Census line entry. I do have some Cuesta and Ortiz and Villarreal relatives in Texas on the 1940 census.
Under the conditions specified below, anyone may have access to any US Census including the 2000 census.
- You cannot view the original record.
- You may order an official transcript (a document that includes MOST of the line entry information).
- Information is released only to the named person on the research request.
- If the named person on the research is dead, a death certificate must be provided.
- Information is also released to his/her heirs or legal representatives.
- Information is not released to just any descendant.
- Informationis will be released to spuse, parent, child, sibling, or grandparent of the named person.
- A BC600-Application must be submitted.
- The cost is $65 per search (money order or personal checks only).
- For $10 more you may order the “Full Schedule”, but this means every piece of information on the entire census line.
- For $20 more you can have the order expedited.
Read more about the “Age Search Service” at the following URL http://www.census.gov/genealogy/www/agesearch.html
View the necessary BC-600 application form at the following URL http://www.census.gov/genealogy/www/bc-600.pdf